If you have an old-style passport, you will still be able to use it until its expiry date. If you need to apply for a passport, contact your local town hall in person.
- To submit your application, you will need two recent, colour photos, your identity card and your old passport (if you have one).
- Your passport will be issued within five days, after collection of your application by Group 4.
G4 COLLECTION DAYS : Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (generally early morning) - N.B. every working day for the emergency procedure.
- The passport is valid for five years.
- If you need a passport urgently, you can use the emergency procedure. The passport can be delivered to the Town Hall within 24 hours, excluding Sundays and public holidays.
For further information, visit the website of the Federal Public Service - Foreign Affairs to find answers to all your questions about the electronic passport and for practical information about your trip: www.diplomatie.be
- The photo must be recent and in colour.
- The background must be white.
- The person's face must not be covered (no hat, scarf or dark glasses).
- The person must be alone in the photo.
- Standard procedure:
under 18 years old = €45
adults = €75
- Emergency procedure:
under 18 years old = €230
adults = €260