How can you obtain an identity card as a foreign national over the age of 12 recorded in the population register?

In view of the very different conditions applying to foreign nationals (European or non-European), we advise you to contact the department who will guide you through the required steps to:

  • declare your arrival and register in the municipality
  • issue and extend residency permits
  • examine your documents and issue the required appendices to obtain a residency permit at the decision of the Office des Etrangers [Ministry for Foreign Nationals]
  • issue A, B and C work permits granted by the Regions
  • register and monitor requests to formalise residency and change status


Population department